Anti-Discrimination & Equal Opportunities Policy:
The club is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members of whatever level or authority.
Specifically discrimination is prohibited in:
- Treating an individual less favourably than others on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or disability.
- Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirements which are different to the requirements for others.
- Imposing requirements on an individual which are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others.
- Victimisation or harassment of an individual. The club will not tolerate sexual, racial or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal, and will ensure that such behaviour is dealt with quickly.
The club will investigate all claims of discrimination immediately and where such is found to be the case will insist that the practice ceases forthwith. Appropriate corrective action will be implemented where necessary.
The club will provide equal opportunity, and consider merit, experience, skills and temperament as objectively as possible, in all matters concerning:
- Recruitment and selection of volunteers.
- External coaching courses and education activities.
- Football development activities.
- Selection for teams.
- Appointments to honorary positions.
- Disciplinary matters.